As the requirement for a housemaid increases day by day, it is becoming more and more important to think about security. When you are spending your hard-earned money on something, you should be ready for every consequence. Hence, the requirement of maid insurance has become an important issue. Choosing the requisite maid insurance plan is also a difficult job nowadays.
There are around 250,000 domestic workers in Singapore who are foreigners. It is assessed that around 1 out of 5 Singaporean homes utilise a maid to finish the day-by-day undertakings. Maid insurance not just gives monetary coverage to you, your maid, yet in addition, offers benefits for your housemaid when deplorable incidents occur.
Here, we list few circumstances in which can be advantageous for your housemaid.
What are the advantages of maid insurance?
Before choosing an insurance policy, you should always analyse the factors that are going to benefit you in the long run. As you are investing your money, analysing the advantages will help you choose the right plan for you.
- In case of personal accidents– Having domestic maid insurance covers expenses for any kind of accident, permanent disability, injury, or even death. Any medical expenses caused due to personal accidents are also covered.
It may sound unfamiliar, but situations like this do arise. Even this actually happened in Singapore in 2019, when a domestic maid was killed in a car crash.
We should not fail to remember other minor mishaps, for example, cuts that even we would like insight, not to mention a servant – somebody who invests a greater part of her energy cooking and doing family errands.
- Bearing the hospital expenses– There could be cases of critical illness when hospitalization is required. On the off chance that your housemaid is analyzed of explicit illness, at that point, you will require a huge amount for the treatment.
Basic maid insurance takes care of the entire expense of treatment, including the extra costs for traveling to the hospital, expenses to buy medicines, and everything covered within the insurance.
You additionally get wages and duty repayment and day by day advantages to help you employ another housemaid during your housemaid’s recovery. Claims are not difficult to make, as well. Any repayment will be paid straightforwardly to the individual of interest, be it you, your housemaid, or the housemaid’s closest relative.
Some of the best critical illness insurance in Singapore
The top 5 critical illness insurance in Singapore are:
- FWD Big 3 Critical Illness
- Aviva My Early Critical Illness Plan II
- AXA Super CritiCare
- Great Eastern GREAT Family Care
- AIA Beyond Critical Care
- In case of domestic abuse or Theft– Domestic workers from foreign lands have expanded from 201,000 to 255,800 in Singapore over the previous decade. With this comes the expansion of cultural issues like violence and burglary.
The issue comes from helpless day-to-day environments, the absence of proper training by the maid organization, or monetary issues. There are likewise numerous high-profile instances of maids being manhandled by their managers.
It’s accounted for that 6 out of 10 Foreign Domestic Workers are mishandled yearly. Accordingly, it is constantly recommended to encourage a decent connection with your maid to build up a common arrangement. It will make a more agreeable day-to-day environment.
Since we can’t foresee others’ conduct, you should be arranged when the most exceedingly terrible occurs. Maid insurance expects to give coverage to maid’s obligation like injury, harms, or burglary done by your maid.
- In case of termination events– There is usually a service bond between your domestic maid and you, and the service bond is applicable for a certain time period. There could be situations when you need to terminate your housemaid from service, or your housemaid quits the job due to illness or any kind of permanent disability.
A report published by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) stated that in the previous year, every one domestic worker out of 3 was terminated in between the mention time period in their service bond or the housemaid has quit her job due to some issues.
However, this type of scenario requires a new maid to be hired.
In the event of the termination process, the insurance company gives repayment to you for re-employing purposes. The coverage makes you free from paying the necessary Security Bond. The insurance agencies fill in as your Guarantor and give a Letter of Guarantee to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
- When your maid quits or goes back– There could be events when your housemaid has to go back to their country due to some unfortunate issues. She may have had some bitter experience while working at your place that has made her bound to quit her job and go back.
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has made it compulsory for the employer to bear all her travel expenses for going back to her country.
A proper insurance plan covers this cost for her traveling expenses when she has to bid goodbye to her job and go back to her country in the event of any permanent disability, illness, injury, or any other reason.
- Hiring alternative help– At the point when your housemaid gets hospitalized or is down and out, some protection coverage will repay you a specific sum entirety each day so you can employ alternative assistance.
Some additional benefits are-
- Satisfies all the parameters stated by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
- She was reported to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) within the same day.
- Coverage for Covid-19 treatment, including medical expenses, hospital expenses.
Selecting a perfect insurance plan is not an easy task. Here, you get some help if you want to analyze the advantages after getting an insurance policy. Ensure that you compare different plans and analyze them carefully to choose the right plan for you as per your requisitions. There are different plans priced differently with benefits to choose from. Make the correct choice after analyzing each in brief.